Vancouver, BC, September 20, 2018, Upco International Inc. (CSE: UPCO) (OTC: UCCPF) (Frankfurt: U06) (“Upco”) is pleased to announce it has launched its highly anticipated Upco mobile messenger communication app (“Upco App”). The Upco App is available for download on Apple App Store for iOS and Google play store for Android and will provide:
a) Serverless technology and end to end Encryption: will enhance the privacy and protection of the user’s communication, avoiding the misuse of third-party data.
b) Cashless technology (eWallet): We are working to enhance the security and unlock the barrier of money transfer improving the economy among others in developing countries.
List of features include:
- Upco users get worldwide access to initiate long distance calls with very low calling rates: up to 40% less expensive than any current mobile Operator.
- Upco users receiving international calls will not have any roaming costs (Call Forward).
- Upco users will be able to transfer funds to other Upco users without additional costs. Also they will be able to transfer cash funds to regulated banks and cash pick up outlets. The receiver will be able to collect the funds in local currencies.
- Through algorithms which create a higher compression, Upco users can chat and use video features faster and with a higher quality of voice and images, all with reduced MB usage. Upco users will be able to make calls of up to 7 minutes using 1 MB. This compares very favourably to, for example, Viber (up to 3 minutes) and WhatsApp (up to 5 minutes). The Upco user will hear the difference in quality and save MB usage.
- With the forthcoming integration of our advanced Blockchain E-Wallet, led by a highly experienced system architect and Blockchain specialist Dominic da Assuncao, we are working to provide our Upco users with an E-Wallet that is protected by encryption on your device. This will enable users to transfer funds instantly to family and friends worldwide, at a reasonable cost, without worrying about surcharges or any additional charges that might be levied by banks.
The Upco App supports sending and receiving the complete package of media (text, photos, videos, documents), as well as location and voice calls. Our messages and calls are secured with end-to-end encryption. Additionally, our users’ data is not interfered with in any way or collected for subsequent use of personal identification information, other than for regulatory purposes and account management.
CEO Andrea Pagani stated, “The Upco App with its forthcoming E-Wallet will align perfectly with how payments across the world are changing into digital formats. Our App will facilitate commerce in a number of important ways, and allow our European users to be able to transfer funds to friends and relatives seamlessly and instantly.”
About Upco International Inc.
Upco International Inc. is a cloud-based mobile service company which provides high-quality voice termination to a market driven by the growing activity in online communications and commerce. Upco is a licensed Global Telecom Carrier within the international VoIP (voice over IP) wholesale business. Upco has designed a software application for Apple iOS and Android, similar to SKYPE and WhatsApp. With the forthcoming addition of the Upco E-Wallet using Blockchain Payment Services, users will be able to: send invoices, approve payments, transfer international funds, convert international currencies, and track transfers and payments. The application will also allow vendors to securely share account information with their clients.
Please visit www.upcointernational.com or www.upcomobile.com for further information.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Andrea Pagani, CEO and Director
+1 (212) 461 3676
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its regulation services provider has reviewed or accepted responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the content of this news release.
This press release contains forward-looking information or forward-looking statements (collectively “forward-looking information”) within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking information is typically identified by words such as: “will” “may” “believe”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “estimate”, “development”, “forthcoming”, “potentially” and similar expressions, or are those, which, by their nature, refer to future events. Upco cautions investors that any forward-looking information provided by Upco is not a guarantee of future results or performance.